No-Fault Car Accident Doctors
Experienced New York surgeons who know what to do
If you have been injured in a car accident in New York, it’s critical that you seek immediate medical attention. Otherwise, you might not have the best opportunity to fully recover from your car crash. Best of all, you should not have to worry about how to pay for your accident-related medical expenses in most cases. That’s because New York has a no-fault coverage system when it comes to car accidents.
Our doctors and highly-skilled staff members at Island Musculoskeletal Care (IMC Bone Doc) fully understand how New York’s no-fault car accident claim system works. That’s because we have years of experience treating people seriously injured in car accidents in New York. As your physician, you can count on us to help you navigate through New York’s no-fault car insurance claim process while receiving the best possible medical care.
What sets IMC Bone Doc apart? Our board-certified, fellowship-trained New York surgeons have more than 100 years of combined medical experience. We know how to properly diagnose serious injuries. We know how to document our work in case insurance companies have any questions. We have the facilities, the equipment and the medical staff to properly treat your injury at seven New York locations, including offices in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island. Best of all, you may be able to receive all your medical care at one, convenient location.
What is no-fault car accident coverage?
New York’s no-fault insurance system was created in the 1970s in order to make sure that people injured in car accidents receive the medical care they need, regardless of who was at fault. So whether you caused the accident or another driver did, provided you both have car insurance, you should be able to receive financial compensation for all your medical bills and other accident-related expenses, including:
- Emergency medical care
- Surgical procedures
- Follow-up medical care
- Medical diagnostic testing
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medications
In addition to your medical expenses, no-fault car insurance coverage often covers replacement wages while you are recovering from your motor vehicle accident. That way, you and our doctors can focus on what matters most – your full recovery.
How does New York’s no-fault car accident law work?
While New York’s no-fault car insurance system is fairly straightforward, certain specific qualifications must be met in most cases in order for your medical care to be covered by your car accident claim, including:
- The car accident in which you were injured needs to occur in New York.
- The vehicle that caused your accident must be registered in New York.
- The vehicle that caused your accident must be a car, taxi, truck or bus. Motorcycles and scooters do not qualify.
- All cyclists and pedestrians injured by a qualified driver in New York qualify for no-fault car accident coverage.
- The injured person was the driver or passenger in a qualified vehicle.
If you are not sure if your medical coverage qualifies for a no-fault car accident claim in New York, one of our staff members at IMC Bone Doc may be able to help you or direct you to someone who can answer your questions.
How do I file a no-fault car accident claim in New York?
In order to receive medical care covered by a no-fault car accident claim in New York, you will likely need to take several steps as part of the application process, including:
- Fill out a NF-2 form, often known as a no-fault application.
- File your NF-2 form within 30 days.
- You will need to file your NF-2 form with:
- Your own car insurance company if you were driving your car.
- The car insurance company of the vehicle you were in if you were a passenger.
- The car insurance company of the driver who struck you if you were a pedestrian or cyclist.
- If you cannot obtain insurance information from the other driver, contact the police.
- If you cannot work due to your injury, ask your doctor to provide you with a note stating you cannot work. Once you have this note from your doctor, you should fill out a no-fault wage verification report in order to receive replacement income during your recovery from your car accident injury.
- Make sure you save all receipts and bills associated with your car accident injury. You may be able to be reimbursed for some or all of these expenses as part of your no-fault car accident claim.
Each car accident injury is unique. As a result, the claims process for your specific injury may be different. When treating car accident injury victims in New York, we never assume anything or take a one-size-fits-all approach to serious injuries. We take the time to properly diagnose what’s wrong with you, then create a treatment plan that fully addresses your specific medical needs. That’s why our car accident surgeons at IMC Bone Doc have such a well-earned reputation in New York for being detail-oriented, hands-on physicians focused on providing the best possible medical care.
You deserve outstanding medical care after your car accident
Put your trust in experienced New York surgeons who put your health and well-being first. Contact IMC Bone Doc and schedule an appointment with a doctor at one of our seven New York locations. You can reach us online or call us.
In many cases, you may be able to receive all your medical treatment at one convenient IMC Bone Doc location – from diagnosis to physical therapy and everything in between, including many surgical procedures. You can count on our experienced New York car accident doctors after your accident.