FAQs About Car Accident Injuries

New York surgeons ready to provide the treatment you need

Were you hurt in a New York car accident? You probably have a lot of questions about your car accident injuries. Things may seem confusing and you may not know what to do next. We understand your situation and are ready to help.

The experienced New York surgeons and staff members at Island Musculoskeletal Care (IMC Bone Doc) have been helping people injured in car accidents for years. Our doctors have more than 100 years of combined medical experience. You can trust us to diagnose your injuries and determine the proper treatment.

Common Car Accident Injury Questions

If you don’t see your question listed, we’d be happy to give you an answer in person. Make an appointment with one of the experienced doctors at IMC Bone Doc in New York.

Get the answers to your questions from experienced doctors you can trust. Contact IMC Bone Doc. Many doctors have immediate appointments and will be able to see you the same day. When possible, we can also often arrange for you to have all your treatment at one location. Schedule your appointment today – either online or by calling us. Our orthopedic surgeons are ready to help you recover from your car accident injuries.

What are common types of car accident injuries?

Car accidents can leave people with many different types of injuries, ranging from mild to severe. These include back injuries, such as spinal cord injuries or herniated discs. Some people suffer neck injuries, including whiplash. Other injuries we treat after a car accident include knee injuries, hip injuries and broken bones, such as wrist fractures or pelvis fractures. We are ready to help with your injury. In many cases, you can get all your medical care at one of our locations – from diagnosis, to surgery, to physical therapy.

Return to Top

When should I see a doctor after being involved in a car crash?

You should get medical attention as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a car accident. A doctor can determine what types of injuries you have suffered and the treatment that is needed. Waiting too long to see a doctor can put your health at risk. Our surgeons and staff members are ready to help.

Return to Top

Will I need surgery after my car accident?

Depending on the type of injury you suffered, surgery may be necessary. We know that the thought of surgery can be frightening and that you may have many concerns. That’s why we meet with you to discuss your options and give you an idea about what to expect. We want you to have all the information you need.

Return to Top

What are common surgeries after a car accident?

Following a car accident, you may need surgery involving the knee and hip, shoulder and elbow, foot and ankle, hand and wrist or back and spine. Our surgeons regularly perform these and other types of surgeries and are ready to help you. We have seven locations in New York, and you can receive treatment at the office that is most convenient or you.

Return to Top

How long will it take me to recover from my car accident surgery?

This can vary greatly. It depends on many factors, including the extent of your injuries and the type of surgery that you had. In general, it can take anywhere from weeks to months to recover from surgery. Before your surgical procedure, your doctor will go over what to expect and answer any questions you have about recovery.

Return to Top

Will I need physical therapy after my surgical procedure?

That is possible. Physical therapy is often needed after surgery for many types of car accident injuries. If you do need physical therapy, we can help. Each of our seven office locations in New York City and Long Island has a licensed physical therapist on staff. So you can get the help you need at a location that is convenient for you.

Return to Top

Who will pay my medical bills after a New York car accident?

New York is a no-fault car accident state. This means that medical expenses related to the injuries you suffered in the accident should be covered. It doesn’t matter who was at fault. But we know that insurance companies want information and that there may be legal action taken involving your car accident. So we carefully document the care you receive.

Return to Top

How can a surgeon help after my car accident injury?

IMC Bone Doc has board-certified, fellowship-trained doctors on staff ready to help you after you’ve been hurt in a car crash. We can diagnose your injuries and determine the best course of treatment. We will explain your options and explain what to expect in your surgery and recovery period. We want you to be as comfortable as possible about your treatment.

Return to Top

What if I am involved in a lawsuit over my car accident?

Our main concern is in diagnosing and treating your injuries to help you physically recover as much as possible. However, we understand that there are often legal disputes involving car accident injuries and that insurance companies require information about your diagnosis and treatment. We can provide you with detailed documentation about the care you received.

Return to Top

What kind of follow-up treatment will I need?

Recovering from surgery after a car accident can be a lengthy process. Depending on your surgery, you may need physical therapy, medication and follow-up visits with our doctors. When we meet with you, our doctors will go over the follow-up treatment you will need for your specific situation.

Return to Top