Surgical Workers’ Compensation Medical Procedures
Our experienced NYC workplace injury surgeons want to help you
Surgery may be the best way to treat your New York workplace injury but you won’t know for sure until an experienced, New York orthopedic surgeon examines you and diagnoses exactly what’s wrong. That’s why our doctors want to meet with you as soon as possible at Island Musculoskeletal Care (IMC Bone Doc).
Our board-certified, New York orthopedic surgeons know how to properly diagnose serious injuries and can provide the care you need and deserve to fully recover. That’s because our doctors have more than 100 years of combined medical experience. In addition, our staff thoroughly understands how New York’s workers’ compensation works. That way, you can focus on what matters most – recovering from your serious work injury.
Our surgeons are familiar with many different types of workers’ compensation injury treatment options. As a result, you can trust us if we recommend surgery for your specific injury. Learn more about all your medical options. Make an appointment with IMC Bone Doc. Many of our doctors have immediate appointments available the same day.
What are common surgical procedures for workplace injuries?
Surgical procedures covered by workers’ compensation cover a wide range. Some of the most common surgical procedures we regularly perform on people injured in workplace accidents include:
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR) Surgery – Serious knee injuries at work are common. That’s why you may be a likely candidate for TKR surgery. Our experienced, New York orthopedic knee surgeons have years of experience performing knee operations. You can count on us when it matters most.
- Total Hip Replacement (THR) Surgery – Falling and breaking your hip can happen in an instant at work. Or if you have physically demanding job, your hip could wear out over time due to strenuous work. Whatever the circumstances, our experienced, New York orthopedic hip surgeons want to help you.
- Shoulder Joint Replacement Surgery – Shoulder injuries on the job can be very painful. Whether you hurt your shoulder in a workplace accident or damaged your shoulder due to constant wear and tear, our New York orthopedic shoulder surgeons know how to effectively treat serious shoulder injuries.
- Foot Reconstruction Surgery – Foot injuries sustained on the job often occur when a large, heavy object falls and crushes someone’s foot. Other times, work-related injuries to the foot happen due to long-term wear and tear. In either case, you can count on our New York orthopedic foot surgeons when it matters most.
- Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery – Carpal tunnel syndrome remains one of the most common and most serious work-related injuries. People who perform repetitive physical tasks often develop carpal tunnel syndrome in their arms, hands and fingers over time. Carpal tunnel release surgery can be an effective way to treat this painful medical condition.
- Wrist Joint Replacement Surgery – Work-related wrist injuries often happen one of two ways – either due to a workplace accident (heavy object crushes wrist) or due to long-term overuse. Our New York orthopedic wrist surgeons can provide the relief you need to get your life back on track.
- Surgical Back and Spinal Cord Injury Treatments – Back injuries and spinal cord injuries are among the most serious workplace injuries we deal with at IMC Bone Doc. If you injured your spine or back on the job, make an appointment right away with one of our experienced New York orthopedic spine surgeons. We want to help you.
Experience matters when it comes to workplace injuries. You want a surgeon who knows what to do. You want someone who can diagnose exactly what’s wrong. Our doctors have the skills and resources to effectively treat you. Each office is equipped with an MRI machine and we often have immediate appointments available to examine you.
We also realize that surgery is often just the first step after a serious workplace accident. After surgery, you may need physical therapy in order to fully recover. You can get the therapy you need at any one of our seven New York offices. That’s because each office has a licensed physical therapist on staff.
Discover whether surgery is right for your workplace injury. Contact us.
Serious workplace injuries demand serious attention. Contact IMC Bone Doc and schedule an appointment with one of our experienced, New York orthopedic surgeons. You can make an appointment online or call us. Whenever possible, we do our best to make sure you receive all your medical care at one convenient location.
Our medical practice is in-network and accepts most forms of medical insurance. This includes workers’ compensation in New York. That means that your medical bills will likely be completely covered by your employer’s insurance.